Asian style Valentine’s Meal
1 baby gem lettuce, cut in half length ways
Cremezola cheese (Woolworths)
Nut and seed sprinkle (Woolworths)
Red Miso dressing (Woolworths)
Basil pesto and mozzarella cheese pull apart spirals (Woolworths)
- Crumble the cremezola cheese over the lettuce halves
- Add the dressing, and garnish with nut sprinkle
- Heat the bread in the oven and serve immediately
Heartwarming Asian Beef Mains
½ litre water
2 stock sachets
1 teaspoon seasame oil
1 tablespoon soya sauce
3 ½ cm slices of ginger (not necessary to peel)
3 garlic cloves, peeled
½ teaspoon chilli, crushed
- Add all ingredient to a small pot and bring to the boil
- Reduce the temperate and simmer until the liquid has reduces by half
½ teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
½ teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
½ teaspoon chilli, finely chopped
1 ½ tablespoons soya sauce
Mix all ingredients together and allow to marinade
150g edemame beans in shells
150g exotic mushrooms (Woolworths)
1 400g sirloin steak
1 packet Heat & Eat brown basmati rice with red and white quinoa (Woolworths)
Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Boil the edemame beans for 3 minutes, and de-shell
- Slice the shiitake and king oyster mushrooms, and dry fry all mushrooms for approximately 10 minutes until soft and tender. Add a little salt once cooked.
- Fry the steak in a hot pan with a little olive oil for 2 minutes on each side. Season afterwards with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Allow to rest and then slice thinly.
- Heat the rice in a microwave as per the instructions on the packet.
- Add spoonfuls of the rice to two bowls, creating a mound in the middle of the bowl
- Carefully spoon in the stock around the rice
- Add the mushrooms and edemame beans on top of the rice.
- Add the sliced steak on top, and garnish with the coriander.
- Add small droplets of the dipping sauce, and serve immediately.