400 g beef fillet, pan-fried, grilled or braaied to your preference, and thinly sliced
1 bunch of asparagus, flash fried in butter
2 handfuls of rocket, or your favourite greens
½ yellow pepper, thinly sliced
10 cm cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
handful of beetroot julienne strips
handful of micro greens, to garnish
handful of roasted seeds, to garnish
1 cup fresh parsley
1 cup fresh coriander
2-3 cloves of garlic
¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Place all the chimichurri ingredients into a food processor and blitz until finely chopped and mixed through.
2. Assemble the salad, with the fillet strips and asparagus on top, and add generous dollops of the chimichurri sauce.
3. Enjoy immediately.
Cheesy Garlic Bread
125g Melrose Sweetmilk cheese spread
125g soft salted butter
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
2 tablespoons of parsley, finely chopped
1. Mix the Melrose cheese, butter, garlic and parsley until smooth and thoroughly mixed.
2. Slice the baguette into 1,5cm slices, without cutting all the way through
3. Generously spread the cheesy paste onto both sides of each slice.
4. Wrap in foil and heat through in a warm oven (100 °C) for 10 to 15 minutes, or on the cooler section of the braai grid.
5. Serve hot.
30ml coriander seeds
15ml cumin seeds
30ml black salt
15ml black pepper corns
15ml dried chilli flakes
15ml garlic flakes
Place all the ingredients into a mortar, and using a pestle, crush and grind the ingredients until the seeds and peppercorns have broken into a semi-fine powder.
Coat raw meat with a little olive oil, and rub in the seasoning. Allow to stand for a while before cooking, so the meat can infuse with the flavours.
This pesto is great in pasta or even spread onto hot crusty bread straight from the oven – and it’s delicious drizzled over salads
80 g fresh coriander
80 g cashew nuts
2 – 3 cloves of garlic
250 ml parmesan, grated
zest of one lemon
juice of one lemon
125 ml extra virgin olive oil
Place all the ingredients (except the olive oil) in a blender and blitz. Slowly add the olive oil and continue to blitz until the paste reaches the desired consistency. Add more olive oil to make a runnier consistency, if desired.